Friday, March 16, 2012

A for Effort...

... or is it "E for Effort"?  I can never remember.

First things first though... I'm down 2 more pounds! I weighed in today at 239.6.  Peace out 240's! This makes a grand total of 19.8 pounds lost.  Ok, I have to admit, I would've liked to have lost 0.2 pounds to say I've lost an even 20, but I guess that's what next week is for.

I had a great afternoon shopping with my girlfriend, then came home and made a healthy and filling dinner.  How good does this salad look???

Romaine, Feta, Strawberries topped with
Trader Joe's Raspberry Vinaigrette. 
I also had salmon and whole wheat pasta but I was too hungry to take a picture of it first.  So, just envision that picture [here].  

After dinner, I was lounging around, avoiding housework at all costs.  I swore I was going to clean my apartment tonight, but I HATE CLEANING.

This is what happens when you stop eating fast food for every meal and you don't have a dishwasher...

This is what happens when... I don't know... this is just what happened...
Yes, that's my suitcase from Florida.
No, it's not unpacked.
Yes, I've been home for 11 days. 
Don't judge me. 


Not only was I avoiding cleaning because I despise it so much, but I really wanted to go to the gym.  Yes, I said it.  I really wanted to go to the gym.  So I exchanged the following texts with Jake:

Me: Baby, help me decide... should I go to the gym or clean my apt?
Jake: That's a tough call... I could help you clean tomorrow and or Sunday if that helps.  

How sweet is that?  I truly am so grateful for the support I have.  He knows how hard I have been working and is always willing to help any way he can.  I love you honey! 

Okay, enough mush and gush... 

So, it was decided.  I was going to the gym.  It was already about 7:45 p.m. but I knew the gym was open until 10:00 so I figured I'd have more than enough time.  So, I packed my bag and headed out.  I was about 12 blocks away from home when I realized I didn't have my tennis shoes.  Seriously?!?! I was not going to workout in my Crocs (yes, I rock a pair of Crocs).  So, I made a very illegal U-turn and headed back home.  Ran upstairs, got my shoes, ran back down, and I'm off... again.  By now it's 8:10 but that's okay - still more than enough time to get a good workout in.  

I got to the gym at 8:30, headed in and noticed a sign on the door.  Fridays, open until 9:00 p.m.  SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? I went through all of this to only have a half hour to workout?  I had planned on doing 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on the bike, and 30 minutes of lifting.  Well, that wasn't going to work! But, I was already there so I dropped my stuff off in the locker room as quick as I could and hopped on an elliptical.  In total, I only ended up spending 22 minutes on the thing.  I guess 22 minutes is better than nothing? 

Now I'm home and getting ready to push up my sleeves and tackle Mt. Dirty Dish in the land of My Little Kitchen.  

Have a good night and a great weekend! 



3 comments:

  1. That salad looks AMAZING!!! I think I'll have to try that for lunch soon. I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one in the free world without a dishwasher!!!!! When we bought our house we new it was a fixer upper and the kitchen will eventually be renovated. Well, 11 years later we have yet to get to the kitchen and I still don't have a dishwasher. It will be a couple more years before we get to the kitchen so I'm thinking about getting a portable one.
    Congrats on the 2 pound loss!! And no, I didn't realize I said "I hate 4 thin mints" bahahahahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have problems with your dishes piling up as well? I always promise myself I'm going to do them right away and then they seem to stack up over time. I miss having a dishwasher SO much!

      Delete
  2. I cracked up and the suitcase remark. I can't count how many times we've come home from a 2-3 week trip to Hawaii & having all clean in the suitcase and leave it in the living room until we're down to nothing. So yeah, no judgments here! HA!

    ReplyDelete