Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tuesdays Suck...

I did it again.  What is wrong with me??? Yesterday morning, the scale read 239.  I was really excited - that's definitely down and it's always fun to be in a new weight "decade".  I did well all day and came home planning on having a healthy, yet satisfying, dinner. 

I made a sandwich... then a salad... then another salad... then a No Pudge brownie... then I finished up the last 3 cinnamon twists... then crackers, turkey pepperoni, and laughing cow cheese... then a Weight Watchers ice cream bar... then a single serving bag of popcorn... then ANOTHER single serving bag of popcorn... then pumpkin pie in a mug (which was disgusting and I threw most away). 

Not quite this bad, but not far off either!

What the hell is the matter with me??? I got on the scale this morning and it was up to 239.5.  I'm heading to the gym after work for an hour of Zumba and 30 minutes of lifting.  I'll get a good run in tomorrow too.  Because I mostly binged on "diet food", I don't know that this was quite as bad as last Tuesday.  Hopefully, I can burn this off between tonight and tomorrow so I can still see a loss at my Friday weigh in. 

As I've said before, I know this is a process and old habits die hard, but seriously... this is just frustrating sometimes.  I'd like to figure out what starts these binges so maybe I can predict them (and prevent them) a little better.  Even if I can't prevent them, I'd like to figure out a few ways to stop them once I realize they've started. 

BUT... it's okay.  I'm back on track today.  Pick myself up, dust myself off, and continue on.  There's no doubt in my mind I can still do this.

2 comments:

  1. You can totally do this Steph! Don't let a couple bad days hold you down. You just have to be strong, and keep moving on. I'm sure the cravings will always be there, but the only thing I can think of when you get in that zone, is to slow down. I'm a habitual speed eater, and it's hard to take it slower, but it makes a big difference in the intake. Good luck sweetheart, you got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bri! It obviously wasn't healthy eating habits that got me up to 260 pounds so they're bound to pop up every once in a while. I will definitely remember to slow down and enjoy what I'm eating instead of planning for the next thing I want to eat.

      Thanks for all your support and kind words!

      Delete